Pick out the right answer from the options given.
1. Which one is the incorrect form?
(A)Are your father and mother at home (B) Gold and silver are precious metals. (C) Fire and water do not agree. (D) He and I am playing.
2. She must weep, _________ she will die.
(A) and (B) but (C) or (D) still
3. This is the best __________ we can do.
(A) whom (B) that
(C) where (D) who
4. The sick person ____________ on the bench.
(A) lay (B) laid (C) lie (D) lain
5. Find out the wrongly spelt word.
(A) queue (B) Truely
(C) moustache (D) committee
6. If you_______ risk, your health will improve.
(A) took (B) take
(C) had taken (D) takes
7. There was _______ ugly scar ______ his face.
(A) a, in (B) an, in (C) a, on (D) an, on
8. The cricket match was ___________ because of rain.
(A) called off (B) called out
(C) called up (D) called on
9. I can see a ___________ of people over there.
(A) flock (B) troupe
(C) crowd (D) herd
10. The police are going to get these guys, by hook or by crook.
What does the underlined phrase mean?
(A) by permission (B) by request (C) by noble means (D) by any means
1. (D) He and I am playing. (correct sentence -He and I are playing), 2. (C) or, 3. (B) that, 4. (A) lay - കിടന്നു (past tense of 'lie'), 5. (B) Truely (correct spelling- Truly), 6. (B) take, 7. (D) an, on, 8. (A) called off - cancelled, 9. (C) crowd, 10. (D) by any means (ഏതു വിധേനെയും)